Monday, November 14, 2005

Car Woes Gone

As you may or may not know I've been having a little trouble with my beloved Fiat Coupe (Bananamobile to the heathens amongst you - yes you know who you are). The problem that I've been having is that if left for a couple of days the battery would end up as flat as the chest on a smacked-up teenage supermodel. I couldn't find what the drain could be for the life of me, and just thought the battery was duff and needed replacing (which I did as the continual mains charging definitely killed it off in the end).

After much searching mainly at the Fiat Coupe Forum, I found a post regarding a similar problem and the eventual culprit was discovered to be the boot (trunk) light wasn't turning off when closed. I was left with no option but to test this out by placing my other beloved in the said boot and closing the lid for a few hours. Boy can she be narky, I always thought keeping a wild animal in the dark was supposed to soothe and pacify - how wrong can a guy be. Oh well now both of the ladies in my life growl at me, one when I put my foot to the floor, the other when I put my foot through the door. C'est la vie.