Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's all about Style and Culture

So I've played about with the background look of the blog. To keep up with the arty feel to it all I suppose some of the content should reflect this also. I'm thinking about doing an occasional entry with some images of my personal favourite pieces of art work (hopefully I'll be able to borrow some pics from Vics - she's in Madrid and on order to visit the Prado).

So may I present:

Statue of David by Michelangelo
It is perhaps one of the most famous pieces of sculpture in the world today. I was lucky enough to visit Florence and see it for real (although I was only young at the time - must go back at some point). It is an absolute masterpiece, it is almost perfect, proportionally, the pose, the sense of youth and strength. It always brings a smile to my face.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us