Thursday, December 01, 2005

Blast from the Past

Never guess what I saw today! Nope, not that (though I would of liked that). I saw a discarded Ring-pull, Pull-tab, Zip top or whatever you want to call it. I saw one lying on the pavement and actually had to double back to check that me eyes weren't playing tricks. You know the type the ones that would always be lying about playgrounds and all over the place after parties etc. The ones that you could break in two and then use the flat piece as a spring to catapult the ring part across the room (you could probably take someone's eye out at twenty paces) - am I the only one to of done this?

nowadays we have the "stuck to the can" type and what a difference these have made to keeping the streets clean. I can't think of many items that have proved so successful - I mean that is what I really call progress - forget about your ipods and mobile phones. All we need now are cigarette filters stays attached to the smoker and chewing gum that dissolves or something and the streets would be spotless!