Saturday, January 14, 2006

Question?

Why in this country (UK) are you presumed gay if show an a little style?

I was having this conversation with a friend, as he had a leather clutch bag. These are very popular in Italy, especially among business men, for carrying papers etc. I have also left a comment elsewhere about something similar (I can't remember where!).

We just can't work it out. In nature the fellas are the glammed up ones to attract a mate. Most birds, take the peacock for instance even Lions have the fancy hair-do. But when it comes to the homosapien, you must be *whistles gay boy (sorry I don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to use blokey phrases).

One reason might be shows like "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", putting into the mindset that only gay can be trendy (though I reckon this was already in place). We also thought that it might be something to do with artistic types (fashion designers, hair dressers etc) have seemed to traditionally show homosexual tendencies.

So I say the Trendy Bloke should stand up for themselves and be counted, lets let the world know we can be stylish!